Friday, January 2, 2009

Looking Back at 2008

Looking back at 2008
January
  • Annual Old Girl Besties Christmas Party
  • Baby Payton Williams is born
  • I host Southern Living at Home party (and get lots of great loot for our new house)
  • Crawfish Boil at Christie and Dustin's house
February
  • Super Bowl Sunday with Old Girl Besties at Jessi and Wes's
  • My father in-law's surprise 60th birthday party at Saltgrass Steakhouse
  • My baby twin girl cousin's 1st birthday and party
  • Walk through, close and move in our new house at the very end of the month
March
  • Finish moving into our house
  • Go to Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo four different times (it's a big deal here in Texas)
  • Easter and egg hunting at my parents house with family
  • Our very close friends Mark and Jenn close and move into their first house together
April
  • Surprise 50th birthday party for my best friend Shelly's dad
  • Hubs goes to Nascar Race at Texas Motor Speedway
  • Turning 25
  • My Company's 12th Annual Crawfish Boil
May
  • Friends Kristy and Jason's engagement party
  • Astro's baseball game
  • Best friend Dayna, her husband Eric's coming home from Iraq party
  • Frio River for a long Memorial Day weekend vacation
June
  • Friends Nancy and Shaun's wedding couples shower
  • My handsome hubby's 28th birthday and party
July
  • 4th of July at close friends Jessica and Brett's house
  • Hubs plays in the Buzz's washer fest tournament
August
  • Astro's baseball game
September
  • Friend Tracy's baby shower
  • Astro's baseball game
  • Hurricane Ike storms through Galveston and Houston
  • My cousin Laurens bridal shower in San Antonio and dinner with my parents in Gruene, TX at the delicious Gristmill
  • Our 1st wedding anniversary
  • Grey's Anatomy 5th season premier
October
  • Robinson annual Fish Fry (Yummy)
  • Five day vacation in Las Vegas for my cousin Lauren's beautiful wedding at the Belligio
November
  • Friends Brandy and Phillip's couples baby shower
  • I present our Blog
  • Our 7 year dating anniversary (Yes, this day does still count)
  • The loss of my dear friend and co-worker
  • Thanksgiving at my parents home with lots of family
  • Our niece's 2nd birthday
December
  • Friends Kristy and Jason's holiday party
  • Tailgate and Texans football game
  • Our First Annual Christmas Party
  • Christmas, my favorite holiday
  • Visit to our family farm in south Texas
We had such a fun, exciting and emotional 2008 where we made memories that will last a lifetime. As we rung in 2009 we both were so very grateful to be coming into the new year together happy and healthy and anxiously await what the oh-fine 2009 will bring. Here's a toast of champagne to oh-eight and a hearty welcome to 2009!

No comments: