Thursday, January 22, 2009

Have a Little Bit of Respect, Please

I was not going to post about the recent election or inauguration of our new President but I feel I really want to since this is however a place for all of my thoughts, opinions, suggestions, concerns, etc...and I will try to be as brief as possible.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009, I was completely engrossed in watching all the Inauguration events that I could while still being at work and doing my job. I have enjoyed watching previous inaugurations for our former Presidents backing up to being in elementary school and all the way through college. I was fortunate to grow up in an outstanding school district that knew the importance of exposing and teaching us 'kids' about these historic events.

I am a proud American and feel very blessed to live in this wonderful country with all the freedoms we have from which many hundreds of thousands of men and women have lost their lives fighting for. I did not vote for Obama nor am I a Obama supporter, but I was anxious as he too took the oath of office to become our 44th President of America. With this said and yes I know we all have the freedom of speech, but I was appalled and saddened though at this Inauguration when Former President Bush was announced during the ceremony and when he went off in the helicopter at all the booing, negative and rude remarks that were made. Have a little respect please!!! Come on now, grow up and show some decency and have some class. Any and all people who live in this country should have respect for the President and any Former President no matter who they are. People do not have to like Bush or agree with his stance and policies, but have respect for the title in which he held. I would never boo or stoop that low to our President whether it be Obama or someone else. President Bush has had a rough past couple of years with all that is going on in this country and the world. He has been faced with a lot of very tough decisions to make especially with the terrible tragedy of September 11, 2001 when our country was so viciously attacked. I believe to the best of my knowledge that everything Bush has done has been for the greater good of this country, our lives, safety and well being. I hope and pray too that Obama has the same, good intentions of keeping this Country on it's feet. Any person who becomes President and takes on the responsibilities and stress of that job should have their country's respect if anything. I respect President Obama because he is my President.

And being the Proud Texan that I am and always will be, a very heartfelt Welcome Back Home to Texas former President Bush.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Hey Amber. I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it! I love what you've done with your new home. I'm really into decorating too. I also agree with what you said 100% about the Presidential Inauguration. I was so appalled by the way some "Americans" behaved towards him when he left office. I neither voted, nor like Obama, but agree that we need to show respect. I'm glad to see that there are others out there who share my same feelings! Anyway, I'll be visiting your blog when I can...keep up the great work!!

Brandi