Tuesday, June 30, 2009
It also reminded me to give credit to my Bare Minerals make-up that I have gone back to using again the last couple of months. I can not tell you how much I love this make up. It is so light, refreshing and covers very well. I love the way it goes on my skin and the seamless finish it leaves. With the heat that we have been having in Houston, my mineral makeup has held up and has been great! It is also good for your skin, so when you sweat, your pores are not do not get clogged. I wear the medium shades.
My Swiffer Wet Jet! I have not given this the credit it deserves either! I have had mine for several months now, but originally when I had seen the commercials on these, I was skeptical. That was until one of my best friends Jenny told me that she loved this thing and uses it all the time. I promptly went out and got one! It truly is fabulous! I mop more because of it. It is so light and easy to use. It cleans my floors very well and uses a 99% antibacterial solution, killing most all household germs. With it being summer time, I am using it more than ever; we are outside a lot more, we are watering our yard everyday, which in turn leaves our sweet dog Dakota with wet paws more often and when it is time to come in, well those wet paws leave cute little paw prints on my tile. I can whip this thing out and clean up right away when needed and it is hassle free.
Chipotle! Well.....lets just say that I can not get enough of the yummy steak burrito bowels lately! Ahh, and those not so great for you salty chips...mmmmm good.
Monday, June 22, 2009
In honor of my husbands birthday I thought I would blog 30 reasons why I love him; 30 reasons because what is a birthday with out 'One To Grow On'?
1. He chose ME! He chose me to be his wife and mother of his future children. He chose me as his best friend and partner in life; all which mean the absolute world to me.
2. I love all the ways he loves me. He shows me his love in his own special ways, especially when it is just the two of us at home doing our everyday stuff. His names for me, 'darling and sweetheart' and the way he looks at me. He always makes me feel good.
3. He is the most honest and trusting man I have ever met. If you ask him his opinion, he will tell you truthfully and it will not always be sugar coated. If you tell him something confidentially, you can trust that he will keep it a secret.
4. When he gets home from work everyday, he comes to me first and gives me a hug and kiss. I look forward to this all day. I am not as good at it as he is but I am working on it.
5. I can't help but love those baby blue eyes of his.
6. I love how he sends me random text messages throughout the week; They all mean so much and I will never get tired of getting them.
7. I love how he always looks after me and takes care of me. He always has, since the day we met and then started dating.
8. He helps me with my projects; whether it is painting, hanging curtains, or putting a piece of furniture together, he helps me and does not complain.
9. We talk; we talk about everything. He confides in me and wants to know what my thoughts are on issues and it sometimes seems like he wants some sort of approval from me, which I think is great because it shows how much he cares about my thoughts.
10. He adores our dog Dakota and shows so much love to her. I know he will be such a great dad to our real babies one day just like he is to our furbaby.
11. He has such a passion for babies and kids and becoming a father. There is no doubt in my mind that he is going to be an absolute wonderful dad!
12. He is a hard worker, dedicated to his job and wants to do the job right the first time. I know he doesn't like waking up in the morning to go to work, but he does and I want him to know how thankful I am for that and the benefits it provides for us.
13. I love when he helps me around the house with chores and doesn't make a fuse about it. Some men just don't do that.
14. He is so freaking handsome! To me he still looks the same as he did the day I met him, 8 years ago today (Yes, we met on his 21st birthday).
15. Whenever I ask for a back rub, he gives me one.
16. He brings home to me fresh flowers for no reason at all; he even puts them in a vase with water and arranges them so nicely.
17. He cares about his family and his friends wholeheartedly.
18. He helps me with the laundry and putting it all away because he knows how much I hate this one chore. He truly saves me on this one.
19. He is who he is! What you see is what you get!
20. He can hang out with just the girls (any of my girlfriends). He can carry on conversations and really enjoy himself.
21. He supports, believes, and encourages me to do greater things in life.
22. He cares about the way our home looks and feels.
23. He has a very soft and tender side to him that only few get to see. I feel lucky to be one of them.
24. He is the sweetest Uncle Scott to our little niece; And Oh, does she adore him!
25. He is great with his hands--working on cars, working at home on projects or in the yard. And I do love his hands, they are very masculine and strong.
26. Scott can put together a puzzle like it is the easiest thing to do; it truly amazes me the patience he has with them.
27. He loves to have fun, is very social and enjoy life to the fullest.
28. He is so smart when it comes to putting things together and following directions.
29. He reads the newspaper almost everyday and brings me home articles that he thinks I will enjoy.
30. **this one is the one to grow on** I really hope to make him a daddy by the time he is he is this age. This is my wish for him and for us.
Scott, I love you and am so proud to be your wife. I look forward to sharing a lifetime of birthdays with you! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
With that statement, it really got me to thinking, because up until now, I have never really thought about the years past highschool up until the present, I was still living them; but WOW, we did graduate from High School 7 years ago.....What all have I done /accomplished these past 7 years? Am I happy? Am I at the point in my life where I thought I would be? Should I have done things differently? Who are my friends now? Could I have done more?...and so on. Here are my answers:
What all have I done/accomplished these past 7 years?
I was in the National Honor Society when I attended Cy-Fair junior college for two years before I went to U of H. I have graduated from the University of Houston with my business degree, majoring in Marketing, minoring in European International Studies. I also received an advanced certificate in Entrepreneurship. I have gotten married to my wonderful husband Scott, whom I have been with for almost 8 years. I am a mom, to our fur baby dog Dakota. I own my home in Cypress, TX, with my husband. I have worked for the same construction material supply company for the past 7 years and am pretty stable there doing inside sales, although unfortunately things have really slowed down. I have done some traveling with the hubs; to Las Vegas twice, Acapulco, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, the Riveria Maya, Alablama, and all over Texas. I have the best relationship with my womderful parents and am grateful everyday for them. Lastly and most importantly, I have a better relationship with the Lord; I talk to him and pray more now than I ever have and am learning to live each day for Him.
Am I happy?
Most definitely I am happy in all aspects of my personal life. I have my college degree, something to which I worked very hard for and something that I will always have. I am very happily married to my best friend, my partner in life, my other half, my Scott. The Scott that I started dating my senior year of high school who is three years older than me. Yes, it did work for us and we made it through those 5 tough college years of mine. We have a fur baby dog that we love dearly, our blue heeler Dakota. Scott and I are now at the point in our lives where we want to start a real family of our own and that is truly exciting! We have a beautiful new home together, that we purchased 3 months after we tied the knot and and then 3 months later moved in after it was built. I have a job...a job, not a career. A job is good, especially in this economy, it pays the bills, so that is what I am most thankful for. I want a career though and only time will tell when that will happen for me. I would be completely happy if I had a different job in which I called my career. A career in which I love waking up everyday to do and be at. One day, one day...
Am I at the point in my life where I thought I would be?
Yes, I am. All because of the reasons listed above. But, 7 years ago I did truly think that I would be at a different place in my work life. Starting a career and being more successful...but I am working on that.
What has surprised you?
Buying a brand new home has surprised me the most. A home that was built for us, where we had choices on what we wanted as far as upgrades on floors, cabinets, counter tops, brick color, outside paint color, cable outlets, outside lights, gutters, etc. Owning our home has truly been rewarding.
Should I have done things differently? If so, what would I change?
Personal life, No. Although I do sometimes wonder where I would be if I went off to college somewhere else in Texas? Would me and Scott have stayed together? Would I be with someone else and have been as just as happy? But, I am very happy with my life with Scott and know this is where I should be. Work life, Yes. I had a stable job all through college, they worked with my schedule and I was payed decently, received raises and bonuses. I learned a lot about the business world and how it all worked. I was able to do things that I might not have been able to if I did not work. But because of this, I feel there have been missed opportunities as well. Internships that I could have/should have applied for. Job fairs and Career fairs that I should have been more interested in and took more serious...but I have had a job since the summer after I graduated high school and that is a lot more than most of my friends had while in college.
Who are my friends now?
I am grateful to still have the same best girlfriends that I had in high school and was in Drill Team with. We are all still very close, have always stayed in touch through our college years, they all went off to Texas A&M and I stayed in Houston, and remain close as we all get married and find our way in life. We do monthly dinners every month and go on trips together. I have also made some of the most amazing friendships with my others girlfriends from 'Scotts side'. These are the girlfriends that have become wives now to all of Scotts guy friends from high school. He too has remained very close to about 8 guys that he went to high school with and they too are my very good friends!
Could I have done more?
Maybe, I don't know. I feel like I still can. I would love to go and get my Master's Degree (MBA) and my real estate license. I know for sure that I could have made better grades in college, not that they were bad, but an 'A' is always better than a 'B' and a 'B' is better than a 'C'. But I am proud of what I have done in the past 7 years and do not regret the decisions that have led me here.
It has been nice to take a backseat and reflect on the last 7 years of my life; some of the absolute best years of my life. I love everyone who has been there with me and a part of it! Thank you!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
I came across this and thought it was neat!
A - Age: 26
B - Bed size: Queen
C - Chore you hate: Laundry
D - Dog's name: Dakota
E - Essential start your day item: Vitamin C tablet and a Diet Dr. Pepper
F - Favorite color: Chocolate Brown
G - Gold or Silver: Silver
H - Height: 5’2"
I - Instruments you play: I wish I could play the piano, does that count?...
J - Job title: Inside Sales for a Construction Company
K - Kid(s): none yet, but hoping to be preggo by the end of 2009!
L - Living arrangements: Our new home (4 bed, 2 bath, 2,250 SF) in Cypress, TX
M - Mom's name: Lynn
N - Nicknames: No nicknames, just the sweet names the hubs calls me
O - Overnight hospital stay: None for me, yet...
P - Pet Peeve: Messy houses, clutter, having no organization
Q - Quote from a movie: ....i'll get back to you on that...
R - Right or left handed: Right
S - Siblings: 1 younger brother, Garrett
T - Time you wake up: 6:00am, too early for my liking!
U - Underwear: Thongs fromVS
V - Vegetable you dislike: Squash & green peas. Broccoli is my absolute favorite!
W - Ways/Reasons you run late: Love to sleep in or hungover
X - X-rays you've had: Teeth and my hands and wrist (I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis at the age of 23)
Y - Yummy food you make: My family's Chicken Fried Steak and Chicken/Veal Parmigiana
Z - Zoo animals you like: Elephants and Giraffes
Now its your turn! Copy and paste to your blog so everyone gets to know a little bit more about you!