Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Scott

Today is my sweet husbands 29th birthday! I have noticed by some of his reactions and comments that this birthday is kind of a big deal to him, but he will not admit to it fully. I think he is having a hard time with turning 29 years old because it is his last birthday in his twenties before he hits the big 30!

In honor of my husbands birthday I thought I would blog 30 reasons why I love him; 30 reasons because what is a birthday with out 'One To Grow On'?

1. He chose ME! He chose me to be his wife and mother of his future children. He chose me as his best friend and partner in life; all which mean the absolute world to me.

2. I love all the ways he loves me. He shows me his love in his own special ways, especially when it is just the two of us at home doing our everyday stuff. His names for me, 'darling and sweetheart' and the way he looks at me. He always makes me feel good.

3. He is the most honest and trusting man I have ever met. If you ask him his opinion, he will tell you truthfully and it will not always be sugar coated. If you tell him something confidentially, you can trust that he will keep it a secret.

4. When he gets home from work everyday, he comes to me first and gives me a hug and kiss. I look forward to this all day. I am not as good at it as he is but I am working on it.

5. I can't help but love those baby blue eyes of his.

6. I love how he sends me random text messages throughout the week; They all mean so much and I will never get tired of getting them.

7. I love how he always looks after me and takes care of me. He always has, since the day we met and then started dating.

8. He helps me with my projects; whether it is painting, hanging curtains, or putting a piece of furniture together, he helps me and does not complain.

9. We talk; we talk about everything. He confides in me and wants to know what my thoughts are on issues and it sometimes seems like he wants some sort of approval from me, which I think is great because it shows how much he cares about my thoughts.

10. He adores our dog Dakota and shows so much love to her. I know he will be such a great dad to our real babies one day just like he is to our furbaby.

11. He has such a passion for babies and kids and becoming a father. There is no doubt in my mind that he is going to be an absolute wonderful dad!

12. He is a hard worker, dedicated to his job and wants to do the job right the first time. I know he doesn't like waking up in the morning to go to work, but he does and I want him to know how thankful I am for that and the benefits it provides for us.

13. I love when he helps me around the house with chores and doesn't make a fuse about it. Some men just don't do that.

14. He is so freaking handsome! To me he still looks the same as he did the day I met him, 8 years ago today (Yes, we met on his 21st birthday).

15. Whenever I ask for a back rub, he gives me one.

16. He brings home to me fresh flowers for no reason at all; he even puts them in a vase with water and arranges them so nicely.

17. He cares about his family and his friends wholeheartedly.

18. He helps me with the laundry and putting it all away because he knows how much I hate this one chore. He truly saves me on this one.

19. He is who he is! What you see is what you get!

20. He can hang out with just the girls (any of my girlfriends). He can carry on conversations and really enjoy himself.

21. He supports, believes, and encourages me to do greater things in life.

22. He cares about the way our home looks and feels.

23. He has a very soft and tender side to him that only few get to see. I feel lucky to be one of them.

24. He is the sweetest Uncle Scott to our little niece; And Oh, does she adore him!

25. He is great with his hands--working on cars, working at home on projects or in the yard. And I do love his hands, they are very masculine and strong.

26. Scott can put together a puzzle like it is the easiest thing to do; it truly amazes me the patience he has with them.

27. He loves to have fun, is very social and enjoy life to the fullest.

28. He is so smart when it comes to putting things together and following directions.

29. He reads the newspaper almost everyday and brings me home articles that he thinks I will enjoy.

30. **this one is the one to grow on** I really hope to make him a daddy by the time he is he is this age. This is my wish for him and for us.

Scott, I love you and am so proud to be your wife. I look forward to sharing a lifetime of birthdays with you! I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments: