Monday, July 13, 2009

Well He Did It

My little brother Garrett (age 23 at the end of this month) enlisted himself in the Army today. My heart just about sunk and my stomach turned into knots when he confirmed to me that it was done. Then all I could think about were my mom and dad and the sadness, worry, pride, courage and fear they must be feeling. He is set to leave for boot camp in South Carolina on November 16, 2009. Then he will head to training in Ft.Sill, Oklahoma. I wish him the best of luck always. I know he has thought about this decision for a while now and has sought after advice from a good friend of ours in the Army doing the same job that he will be learning to do, so I trust in him that this decision is the best for his life. I love you lil man and will continue to pray for you daily!

No comments: