Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Simple Things In Life

Right now, I am enjoying the juiciest, most delicious and flavorful home grown tomatoes ever!!! Much thanks to my wonderful daddy and his delicate gardening talent and techniques, that I am still waiting to inherit by the way. I do love this time of year and the yummy home grown veggies and fruits it brings, along with wonderful past memories of helping my dad pick tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, okra, broccoli, and potatoes in his garden every spring and fall season. It is truly the simple things in life that I cherish most! And for the next couple of months, my dads home grown tomatoes are on the top of that list! Thanks daddy!

I also have to mention that we are having the most beautiful weather this week in Houston, TX. The highs are in the 80's, low's are in the 60's, very low humidity (which very seldom happens here), clear blue sky's and beautiful orange sunsets. I am taking major advantage of this amazing weather during the short amount of time that we have !

1 comment:

The Miller Family said...

Sounds yummy! I would love to have my own garden in the back yard! Tips please tips are welcomed here! Thanks for the comments on my blog Amber! You are so sweet and I hope we can see ya'll soon too!