Monday, December 22, 2008

Decking the House with Christmas Cheer

Christmas is no doubt my absolute favorite holiday of all holidays and from Thanksgiving until the New Year is my favorite time of year. I love and cherish the quality time spent with family and great friends, decorating for Christmas, getting a real tree (Nobel Fir preferable), Stockings hung by the chimney with care, going to fun holiday parties, hosting our Christmas party, eating delicious food and desserts, giving gifts, the white elephant gift game, wishing for snow (which we were lucky enough to get this December...remember it NEVER snows here), celebrating the past year, making wishes for the new year ahead and last but not least...the wonderful 'reason for the season', our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Ahhhhh, the memories made during this time of year are priceless.

This year is our first Christmas to celebrate in our new home so therefore I had a brand new slate to work with! I have had ideas running through my head since fall had arrived and I patiently awaited the day after Thanksgiving to start decorating in Christmas decor'. I also did not want to spend a fortune doing it so I did use some things from years past and anything else I bought was purchased on sale or at discounted prices. I am very happy for how it turned out and plan to add a little more each year but still keeping things pretty and classy. Finally pics are posted.




1 comment:

Katie said...

Hi Girl -

Thanks for coming by Bower Power - come by anytime! Oh, by the way, great Christmas decorations - you sure did go all out considering this is your first Christmas in your new house! I know I would have been lucky to break out an unadorned tree :)

XO - Katie