Friday, December 4, 2009

Snow in SE Texas Two Years in a Row?

If you read my post here from last year, you will know that snow is a big deal here in SE Texas. We just don't get snow here, let alone two years ago and we barely get a winter. A freeze warning has been issued for almost all of southeast Texas from noon Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday. I am super excited about this and can't wait to see the snow!

Here are a couple of facts.
"Since 1895, it has snowed 33 times in Houston: eight times in December, 12 times in January and February and once in March. It has never snowed two years in a row, but that record may fall as the last snowfall was on Dec. 10, 2008." It also has never snowed this early in the winter season either.

**Update** It did indeed snow! And it snow a lot for Houston! I went to my parents house in the Jersey Village area of Houston, around 12:30pm Friday to take pictures because the snow was really coming down. It snowed a lot where they live compared to 20 minutes away where we live in Cypress. The snow did not even stick at our house. I am happy I got to enjoy the snow for a while and get some good pictures!


No comments: