Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Some New House Stuff and Decorating!

Finally some pictures! These are some pictures of two walls that I recently redid in our house and of two great craft show buys!

This beautiful cross I bought at a local church craft show. I have been eying crosses made like these for some time now and finally came across one that I fell in love with and for a reasonable price. The empty frame I already had; I bought it at Hobby Lobby 8 months or so back for 70% off in the clearance aisle! I also already had the two side sconce scrolls from Kirklands. I just love the way this wall turned out. This is the same wall where I originally had our wedding photo gallery which has now been moved to a more appropriate area in our extended hall.

This is our new wedding photo gallery wall in the extended hallway! I am so happy with their new location and display and feel this is a better showcase for all our wedding memories. I also plan for cute baby photo's to adore these walls sometime in our near future; not pregnant yet, but sure still trying and praying!
At the first big craft show of the year that was held back in September at the Berry Center in Cypress, TX, I came across a booth called 'Tin Lizzies Photos'! I have seen this done in catalogs for pretty expensive prices and was so happy to find a family in our area who makes these from their home. I had our last name put into this beautiful matte and frame. Talk about some fun customization! This family takes black and white photographs from all of their vacations and travels of the alphabet letters from different signs and of unique objects that look like letters of the alphabet. They have so many options for all 26 letters of the alphabet for people to customize whatever they want spelled out. I love how this turned out and am still debating where I am going to hang it. I also plan for this to be a big hit for Christmas for a couple of family members!
This is not new to me, but new to my blog. This is our small, walk through laundry room. I just had to do something with this room to give it some personality. People walk in and out through this room all the time to get from the garage to in our home. I was tired of it being a boring room with white, plain walls. I still want to paint, but it's not a huge priority. I wanted to make it fun, classy and rustic all at the same time. I love the look of the old timing tin signs and Hobby Lobby sells a lot of them. I started collecting a few and before I knew it I had a whole slew of them. That's when it hit me that I should put them in this room as I thought it was the most fitting. They all have different sayings and are just so inviting. I add this wall as well when I come across other tin signs that fret my fancy. I have a neat laundry sign on the door side wall that is not in this picture and another tin sign above the inner door to our home.

No comments: