Thursday, April 30, 2009

Everything Loved in April

Rain, and a lot of it! April Showers bring May flowers has sure been the case for us this past April! We have gotten so much rain this past month and it was very much needed. We got about 10" of rain in the middle of April and about 12" of rain at the end of April. The rain was appreciated but the flooding during the end of month was un-expected and devastating to those whose homes and/or cars were flooded. Our grass and trees are so green and full of life because of all this rain. On a downfall, all this water is bringing on lots of misquotes and bugs.....ewww. I will be calling the exterminator soon!

Finally, my Chesnut Brown Antique Pinch Pleated Curtains from JC Penney. I ordered them when they were on sale (and they hardly ever go on sale) and they arrived in just a couple of days. I paid only $69.99 a pair compared to $119.00 a pair and bought two pairs for a total of $150.00 including tax. They turned out fabulous!!! Even my sweet hubs likes them a lot. I love the way curtains make a room feel and they bring such elegance to this room. I stained the rod and bought all other accessories from Loews. I will post details on this great and easy DIY project next.


Oh and we can not forget about my Birthday present. My new Signature Medium Zoe Coach Purse. I had been on the hunt for a new nice purse and my love for Coach was calling my name. I found this beauty on the sale rack at Macy's; I took a look at it, feel in love with red, the size of this purse is just perfect, it has great inside pockets and zipper enclosure and I love how it hangs on the shoulder. And did I mention that it was on sale, from $348.00 to $261.00 and I used a $50.00 Macy's gift card. I will get so much great use out of my new Coach!



Lastly, Vacations!!! Our 5 day get-a-way cruise vacation was much needed and very relaxing! We had a great time with our very close friends and made wonderful and funny memories! Vacations are a must for us at least 2 to 3 times a year. Our last one was last October, 5 days in Vegas for my cousin's wedding! I can post pics on that soon too.

No comments: