Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Back to the Daily Grind

Ahhh, we are back from our little vacation, back to reality and life as we know it compared to being on a ship in the middle of the ocean and having no worries in the world. We had fantastic time on the cruise with our friends. The weather was absolutely beautiful and breezy, the water was the most turquoise blue I have ever seen and the sand in Cozumel was pure white!

We left the beautiful Carribean to come home to gross, overcast skys and an afternoon/night filled with lightening, severe thunderstorms, wind, flooding and over 10" of rain in one night. But, the hubs and I did both come home with lovely dark tans and a very relaxed body and mind, so the rain really wasn't too bad, in fact it was pretty relaxing until nightfall when the weather got really bad. If you live in Houston, you know that it floods very easily and I myself have been in my share of floods throughout my young life and let me tell you, they are no fun! I have been through three floods in only four years growing up from being a freshman in highschool to freshman in college; But that is another whole story...

So, when it rains for over 12 hours straight and it becomes daylight again, it leads to a morning of chaos, flooded streets, feeder roads, bayous and cars. We were fortunate and our house and vehicles are fine. But there are thousands who homes and cars did flood. I got to work at 8:45am and it was slow pretty much the whole day but great for me to play catch up from being gone. Ahhh, to be back sitting on the beautiful beaches of Mexico...

Pics from our trip will be posted soon!

No comments: