Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Everything Loved in March

Ohh March, where did you go? It was a very busy month for the Jacobs and we continued to get a lot done around the homestead including finally finishing painting the kitchen and breakfast room; color is Whole Wheat by Sherwin Williams.

March brought me one of my favorite things all year long.....Daylight Savings Time Begins, which began on Sunday, March 8th this year! I was so happy to turn those clocks ahead one hour and enjoy the sun in the evening for another hour longer! Daylight Savings does not phase me a bit when it comes to sleep or 'loosing an hour'. My motto is, 'you can sleep when your dead or go to bed an hour earlier, but quit your bitching'! I am loving being able to come home when the sun is still out, shinning with all it's brightness and glory. It is so nice to come home and be able to do some yard work, grill in the backyard, or go for a long walk, in the light, not the dark! I truly feel like I get so much more done around the house or when running errands when the sun doesn't go down until 9pm! I am completely in love with Daylight Savings!
We finally decided on our bar stools for the bar. I picked up two of these lovelies, Black 29" Saddle Stool, from Garden Ridge Pottery, buy-one-get-one-half-off, for a total of $60 bucks. I had been debating now for sometime what kind of stool I wanted for the space that we have under the bar. At first I wanted something that had a back on it and could swivel, a little more fancy. But with much consideration of the space there and our future with kiddos, I decided on these and I am very happy with my decision. They are casual, comfortable, and stylish in a rustic kind of way. I might go back and get a third, but for now, two is great! **05/20/09 I did go back and buy a third; Garden Ridge had them on sale for 25% off, so I got one more for $25.00 instead of $40.00! I love having three there!**
We also finally bought five Queen Palms for our backyard at Home Depot. We bought the 7 gallon size when they had them on sale and have planted them along the backside of our fence in the backyard. Right after we moved into our house last year, I had a vision of what I wanted and I am so pleased that a year later I got my palms and we have them planted! I am so glad the hubbs let me have my way with these and he too now loves the look of them. And I want to THANK him so much for digging those huge holes in our hard as wood ground so we could get them planted. They look great, will grow fast, produce some shade, have a great feather like look to them and will really make a statement when they get bigger. I will post pics of them in our yard soon!

3 comments:

BLowry said...

We have the same Bar Stools

BLowry said...

We have those same Stools... We love them... You two ahve a nice house...

Amber said...

We are really enjoying having the bar stools! Thank you!