Tuesday, November 25, 2008

House Browsing, Floor Plans and Paint

I absolutely love to look online at Har.com (Houston Association of Realtors) and spend countless hours browsing at houses for sale...especially the houses that are way out of my price range and are just gorgeous to dream about. I know, this is silly, I do live in a brand new house, but there is just something about seeing others peoples homes that is fun and intriguing, the way they decorate or lack of decorating, the 'what you get for the money' aspect and all the different types of floor plans...my mind just wonders off into real estate la-la land. I also very much enjoy going to new neighborhoods and walking through the model homes, taking pictures of all the beautiful rooms inside. It is just such a passion of mine to decorate, help others decorate, see others home decore' and get great ideas to try in my own home. I will soon be posting pictures of our home and they are going to be considered the before pictures. Because we do live in a new house, the walls are all the same color, an off white cream color with white base boards and white crown molding, way too bland/blah for my taste. I can not wait to put color on my walls and give my house the 'warmth' it deserves. In the next couple of weeks, my hopes are to be painting warm Tuscan colors throughout our home. I am attaching a drawing of our floor plan, so that it will be easier to interpret our house layout when I do post pictures of our home in the future...and floor plans are just fun to look at as well! Our house is 2,250SF for reference.

2 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Amber, This is a beautiful floorplan you have. I would love to see inside pics as I am like you. It's so fun to tour homes!
I am searching on REALTOR.COM" since we are moving next spring. Much sooner than we expected. Hope you had a wonderful Holiday. ~Melissa

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

Hi! Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for your comment on my blog--hope you enjoyed your visit!

And I'm right there with you when it comes to pouring over home listings. It's addicting! And I just love your home's floor plan--it's perfect!