Saturday, October 31, 2009

Everything Loved in October

October was a an eventful month! We attended an annual Fish Fry which is always so much fun, had a double diaper shower for two of my girlfriends who are having baby girls; one is due in November and the other is due in March, and had a going away party for my sweet brother Garrett who enlisted in the Army. He shipped off for boot camp at Fort Leonard Wood, MO on October 26th. He was originally suppose to go in November, but that day was always subject to change with him changing job titles. I also went to two great craft shows and came home with some new home decor'(I know, I really need to add pictures, I have been so bad about this) and attended one of my high school best friends bachelorette party! I also had JURY DUTY this month and of course I was picked. Luckily during the first day of trial, the case ended up being dismissed around noon, I had the rest of the day off and still got paid from work and my $46.00 for doing my civil duty. Wheew...that was a lot, on to my everything loved.

Reece's Pieces! Oh my how I have rediscovered how much I love these fall colored peanut butter goodies! I have probably gone through two whole bags of these this month, having a big handful a day as my treat! These have even been better than chocolate lately!
I came across this Dish Drying Mat at where else but, Bed, Bath and Beyond! I thought to myself, Wow how much use I would get out of something like that. When we lived in our old apartment I used a small dish drying rack; it wasn't really in the way of anything. At our new home, I got rid of the dish drying rack; I did not prefer to continue using one because I never really liked how it looked out and it was going to take up too much counter space than I wanted. Instead, I would use a dish towel on the counter for the certain dishes that I only hand washed, then when they dried, I could easily remove the towel and I had my counter space again. Since discovering, buying and using this, I am just so in LOVE with it! It is soft, plush with padding, medium size, washable, fold able and stylish. And the best part, it is only $4.99!
I totally forgot to post about this from the end of the summer. I finally bought me a Pantry Door Organizer Unit. I grew up with my mom having one on both her pantry's at our two houses and was very use to the idea and liked it. In our new home, I have a very nice sized pantry and did not think I would need this, but boy was I wrong. I have plenty of pantry storage but this became more of a function thing for me as well as storage. I have all my spices on the top two shelves, then I have my cooking oil, Pam, vinegar and steamer bags on the third shelve, then I have zip lock bags (snack, medium, large sizes), foil, saran wrap, and cling wrap on the bottom two shelves. All of these items are now a lot easier to get to and use. I will post a pic soon. I have the larger one on the right and my the hubs screwed it to the door so it stays perfectly in place. I also got this at the BB&B!



No comments: